- This event has passed.
CARJ AGM 2017- Nov 4
CARJ 2017 AGM Theme: ‘Supporting Vulnerable Groups in a Changing World’
4 November 2017 (11:00 – 4:00)
St Thomas More Church
9 Henry Rd, London N4 2LH
The CARJ Annual General Meeting will take place on Saturday 4 November 2017 at St Thomas More Church, 9 Henry Rd, London N4 2LH (11:00 – 4:00). Arrivals and registration from 10:30. The business meeting will start promptly at 11:00, followed by Mass, lunch, and an afternoon session exploring the theme:
The BREXIT Referendum has highlighted some of the serious divisions in our society. These divisions are set against the background of continuing turmoil in the middle east, the threat of terrorism and many seeking refuge in Europe and the UK. Here at home the gap between the rich and the poor is increasing, many feel left behind, minorities continue to experience discrimination and disadvantage, and there is an increase in hate crime. In the face of this complex local and global challenge, we in CARJ feel it is an appropriate time to identify vulnerable groups whom we wish to support – including the following:
- Migrants, refugees and victims of trafficking
- EU citizens in the wake of Brexit
- Young people in marginalised communities struggling to achieve their full potential
- Muslim communities seeking a full and equal place in society, and those individuals or groups who may be targets of radicalisation
- Families in de-industrialised areas who feel ‘left behind’
- Black and minority ethnic groups in the criminal justice system
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities with inadequate site provision
- Victims of hate crime.
A panel of speakers will introduce an inter-active session which will discuss this theme in order to inform our future work.
Further information and booking: It is helpful, for catering purposes, to know in advance who is coming. Please contact: Catholic Association for Racial Justice (CARJ), 9 Henry Road, London N4 2LH (020 8802 8080), firstname.lastname@example.org
Papers for the Meeting: